Best IVF Centre – Fertility Treatment in Pune
What is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)?In vitro fertilization is a modern reproductive procedure. We use it to treat infertility and help couples in conceiving. During IVF, developed eggs are extracted from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a laboratory. After fertilization, we transfer the fertilized eggs to a uterus. One complete cycle of IVF continues for about three weeks. Occasionally these steps are split into different phases, and the procedure can take a longer time. Your probabilities of conceiving a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age and the cause of sterility.
Why is IVF done?
IVF is an infertility treatment for sterility or genetic problems. Occasionally, IVF is obtainable as a principal action for infertility in females over the age of 40. We also do if you have any sexual health disorders. For example, IVF may be an option if you or your spouse has:
- Fallopian tube damage or obstruction: Fallopian tube damage or obstruction makes it problematic for an egg to fertilize or for an embryo to travel to the uterus.
- Ovulation syndromes: If ovulation is irregular or absent, fewer eggs are accessible for fertilization.
- Endometriosis: It occurs when the uterine lining grows outside of it. It sometimes touches the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
- Uterine fibroids: Fibroids are the tumors in the partition of the uterus and are common in females in their 30s and 40s. It can inhibit the embedding of the fertilized egg.
- Impaired sperm production or utility: Below-average sperm absorption, feeble movement or irregularities in sperm dimensions and shape can make it hard for sperm to fertilize an egg. If we find semen irregularities, your spouse might need to see a doctor to determine vital health concerns
In Vitro Fertilization
In vitro fertilization is a modern reproductive procedure. We use it to treat infertility and help couples in conceiving. During IVF, developed eggs are extracted from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a laboratory.
In Vitro Maturation
In-vitro maturation, or IVM, is an assisted reproductive technology (ART). The original procedure of oocyte IVM has been accessible since the 1990s; however, doctors rarely use it due to IVF viewing better returns.
Laser Assisted Hatching
By creating a hole in the zona pellucida membrane (the outermost layer of the embryo’s shell), a technique known as laser-assisted hatching
IVF failure is the most common thing as unfortunately; IVF treatment cannot provide you success. An IVF failure can be the most frustrating thing ever for you and your partner.
Sperm Donation is the process where a male gender provides his sperm to another couple or person. The overall process of collecting and donating semen to a person or couple is sperm donation.
Repeated Implantation Failure
At the time of transferring embryos with the help of In Vitro Fertilization when the embryos fail to get transplanted, it can be then considered as the Implantation Failure.
Preimplantation Genetic Testing
A woman who faces infertility or recurrent pregnancy loss, that woman is chronic to the chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo.
Women’s ovaries produce gametes known as ova or ovum. These immature egg cells become mature ovum during a menstrual cycle.
Oligo Astheno Teratozoospermia
Oligo-Astheno-teratozoospermia (OAT) is a condition that leads to a low sperm count. This condition does not include anyone kind of disorder but can be divided into three disorders.
After you conceive a baby through IVF, you could uncover a circumstance that suggests more embryos than you are known. In such situations, you can either store them for the future or can discard them.
Sperm Freezing & Vitrification
Another name for sperm is spermatozoon which is in a plural form known as spermatozoa. This is a male reproductive cell, produced by the male gender animals.
Embryos Freezing & Vitrification
The embryo is defined as the early stage of development of a multicellular organism that is reproduced sexually. In simple terms, Embryo is an organism that has not totally developed and is in the previous stage of growth and differentiation.
Microsurgical Testicular Sperm Extraction commonly known as Micro-TESE is a surgical procedure that is performed to retrieve sperm from the male testicles seminiferous tubules.
Endometrial Receptivity Analysis
ERA or Endometrial Receptivity Analysis is a genetic test to evaluate endometrial lining. Only a developed endometrial lining accepts embryos and increases the implantation chances.
What to expect before IVF?
While selecting an IVF center, remember that its success rate depends on many aspects. The patient’s age, health issues, and the hospital’s treatment tactics are crucial. Ask for complete statistics about the prices linked with each step of the technique.
Before starting a sequence of IVF using your eggs and sperm, you and your spouse will likely need numerous screenings, comprising:
- Ovarian reserve analysis: To regulate the quantity and excellence of your eggs, your IVF specialist doctor might check the concentration of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), estrogen, and anti-mullerian hormone in your blood throughout the first few days of your menstrual cycle. Examination results, often used along with an ultrasound test of your ovaries, can help calculate how your ovaries will reply to fertility treatment.
- Semen analysis: If not completed as part of your early fertility assessment, your doctor will conduct a semen examination shortly before starting an IVF treatment phase.
- Transmissible disease screening: A doctor will screen both of you for transmissible infections, like HIV.
- Mock embryo transmission: Your physician might conduct a demo embryo transmission to control the complexity of your uterine opening. He does this to implant the embryos into your uterus.
- Uterine examination: Your physician will inspect the intimate lining of the uterus before you start the sequences of IVF. This might involve a sonohysterography (in which a watery dose is introduced through the cervix into your uterus) and an ultrasound test to generate images of your uterine void.
What is the Procedure of IVF?
After all the examinations and tests, we perform IVF procedure in different steps like:
1. Ovulation Induction
In the first step, we give hormonal injections and drugs to the female partner. We do this only when we are using the female’s egg for the procedure. We try to increase egg production so that we can extract more than one eggs. It increases the chance of pregnancy.
Meanwhile, our doctor monitors the growth of eggs in the ovaries through vaginal ultrasounds and blood tests.
2. Eggs Extraction
Once the eggs become mature, the doctor retrieves them in the clinic. The doctor does this process mainly with Transvaginal ultrasound aspiration. He inserts a thin needle into the vagina that goes to the follicles and retrieves the eggs. He may remove multiple eggs in around 18-20 minutes.
We place these eggs in an incubator, and meanwhile, ask the male partner to do their part of the process. You may feel slight cramping after the egg retrieval process.
3. Sperm Collection
Once we retrieve all the eggs, we ask male partners to collect their semen samples through masturbation. Sometimes, we do this by testicular aspiration when required. If there is any problem with the sperms, we use donor sperms for the IVF procedure.
After obtaining a semen sample, we separate sperms from it and examine them to look for any possible problems.
After obtaining both eggs and sperms, we perform the fertilization process in the lab. This process happens in two ways:
- To mix eggs and sperms and leave them overnight in a petri dish.
- To do ICSI, if the sperms are unhealthy. Here, we select a single healthy sperm and inject it directly into the uterus.
After the first method, the fertilization takes place, and we monitor the growth of the embryo.
5. Embryo Transfer
After fertilization, we transfer the embryo into the uterus. We do this by giving you a mild sedative and inserting a thin, flexible tube into the vagina. This tube contains a syringe that has embryos in them. This way we pass the embryo into the uterus and wait for it to implant.
The chances of pregnancy depend upon the implantation of the embryo. It takes up to 14 days for an embryo to implant.
What happens after the procedure?After the completion of the process, if the embryo implants successfully, pregnancy happens and vice versa. You can confirm the pregnancy by doing a home pregnancy test. Your doctor will confirm your pregnancy by doing an ultrasound or a blood test.
What are the Complications of IVF?
- Multiple births: IVF raises the risk of multiple pregnancies if we transfer more than one embryo to your uterus. Pregnancy with more fetuses transmits an advanced risk of premature labour and low birth weight than a normal pregnancy.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: The use of injectable fertility medicines, such as human chorionic (HCG), to encourage ovulation can root ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, in which your ovaries become inflamed and sore.
- Ectopic pregnancy: About 2% to 5% of females who use IVF will have an ectopic pregnancy (when the fertilized egg grafts outside the uterus, typically in a fallopian tube). The fertilized egg can not live outside the uterus, and there is no way to carry on the pregnancy.
- Anxiety: The use of IVF can be monetarily, physically, and emotionally hard. Support from therapists, family, and friends can help you and your spouse through the ups and downs of infertility management.
What is the success rate and cost of IVF in Pune?
The success rate of IVF in younger women is around 40%. It is higher in women below 35 and decreases as the women age. The success rate of IVF depends upon various factors. No matter, if you choose the best hospital, best surgeon, you can not make this percentage to 70-80%.
Also, the cost of the IVF procedure depends upon several factors. The average amount of IVF in India is around Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 lakhs per cycle. This amount does not include the cost of additional tests, medicines, etc.
IVF Patient Testimonials
It’s always the word of mouth that’s the best advice
Being a doctor myself, I was looking for a Gynaecologist who understands my concerns and solves it so easily that my non-doctor husband understands it well. Dr. Ramit is very compassionate and is really good at his skills. I would highly recommend him.
Doctor is very friendly & attentive. Listens to you gives you plenty of time. one stop solutions for all diagnostics. All the test samples are collected at clinic only, Dr. Ramit Kamte is very compassionate and is really good at his skills. I would highly recommend him.
Google Written Reviews
Dr. Ramit Raosaheb Kamate
MBBS ,DNB, DGO, FRM (UK)
Dr. Ramit Kamate is a Reproductive Medicine Consultant and Sexologist with experience of 12+ years. He specialises in Sexual Medicine for male and female, Fertility Treatment, Pre and Post Delivery Care, Normal Vaginal Delivery (NVD), Tubectomy/Tubal Ligation, Natural Cycle IVF, MTP.
Dr. Ramit Kamate finished MBBS from B J Medical College, Pune. He pursued Masters’s In Reproductive Medicine from Hamilton University, UK & IBCME Dubai. Completed Fellowship in Cosmetic Gynaecology and Sexual Medicine from USA.
MBBS DGO DNB Gold Medalist
Fellow In Sexual Medicine (USA)
Fellow In Reproductive Medicine
Fellow In Cosmetic Gynecology (USA)
Fellow In Ultrasound And Laparoscopy
Fellow In Stem Cell Medicine
Along with treating our patients, we also guide them with the help of our educational blogs and videos.
What is a Sexologist?Sexology is the study of human sex and sexuality from a medical perspective....
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is one of the most popular and rewarding fertility treatments which...
Cramping after IUI is perfectly normal, and doctors consider cramping after IUI a good sign of...
Pregnancy के दौरान diet बहुत important है। हर महिला को अपने diet पर ध्यान देना चाहिए और कुछ ऐसे खाद्य पदार्थ है जो नहीं खाने चाहिए (Pregnancy diet)। आज इस video में डॉ Ramit Kamate बताते है की pregnancy के दौरान कोन से food items नहीं खाने चाहिए।
जब patient हमारे पास आता है और उसे Premature Ejaculation की समस्या होती है तो हम कुछ tests करते है जैसे blood tests, sonography of penis और doppler of penis।
Hymen एक thin membrane है जो vaginal opening पर मौजूद होती है। ये अक्सर first time sexual intercourse करने पर फट जाती है और bleeding हो सकती है।